Our thirty-third weekly recapitulation of the shipping markets, their respective main indices and world geopolitics affecting same in 2015 and beyond, tonight Friday the 14th of August 2015, with John Faraclas of AllAboutShipping in Athens.
- The BDI, the Baltic Dry Index, closed up nine points since yesterday Thursday the 13th of August at 1, 055 points (it was even down to 1, 046 yesterday), which is 145 points down since last week’s 1, 200 points, which is 1, 119 points down or 50.1 centum of the last closing of December 2013 at 2, 274 points; wonder when this 2, 274 will be reached, an event/cause to celebrate…
- The BCI 2014 was just nine points up at 1, 884 since yesterday, following a drop of 232… from the day before, which is 628 points down since last week’s 2, 512 points, what a volatility…
- The BPI was up three points at 1, 057 since yesterday and an overall of 36 points plus since last week’s 1, 021 points; not bad for the size we support!
- The BSI remained stable with just four points up at 905 points which is just one point up since last week’s 904 points, and,
- The BHSI was up just a point at 449 points which is 11 points up since last week’s 438 points! An overall fragile dry market with a downward trend. Unsustainability at its best! Where are the gurus and specialists, not to forget the analysts expecting a far better market… eh?
- The wets now: the Dirties and its BDTI index remained the same since its last published figure at 673 point which on the other hand is 40 points down since last week’s 713 points.-
- The Cleans and its respective BCTI was up just four points at 680 , but seventeen down since last week’s 697 points!
- The price of oil continues its fall and now stands just below the US$ 43 point mark… “Caution as this might trigger geopolitical upheavals…” (we have to repeat our last week’s… motto…)
The Geopolitics front remains blur…:
- The Greek turmoil continues. Within Greece, the cracks we reported last week now are more than evident following this morning’s voting for the 3rd MOU and the “rebels” had their day, so be there for the rest of the suspense with elections looming in the background. We maintain the view that only, repeat only, a government of ARISTOS can successfully rule Greece and make, the real changes needed, a reality! Catharsis too before things go far worse!
- In Ukraine, the saga continues… no need to tell you more; just check what has happened until now, what the world’s media reported and how right our medium is so far!
- China is a bit on a downwards situ, currency-wise and business-wise. The targets are a bit behind; caution…
- The Iranians are trying now to broker a peace in the region, but wonder if they can halt Turkish aspirations in the region, or something else might happen. The nuclear deal will help them, but Israel too has its own defence dogma; be on guard!
- The Migrants drama, as you have read in our major report, in Greece and elsewhere becomes once again headlines! Pity as those responsible are hiding and others cover up the truth due to other necessities in the region – but not for long…
- Flight MH370’s investigation continues so does the MH17 one… Very complicated issues. We shall see. The victims’ families will explode and that will bring the culprits on the dock! Remember this! Awaiting the further investigation conclusions! Tough times for the victims families… Justice has to be tough…
- The Islamic State is a delicate issue, but equally delicate is the situation in the periphery and beyond and as we have said we must end here and now the sufferings of the public, no matter the cost this Islamic State saga brings up, or else!
- The Stars and Stripes is up on the mast in the new US Embassy in Habana; Cuba got finally the message. After 70 years an American Foreign Secretary err the head of the State Department John Kerry visits the most favourable island American can never forget – to all intents and purposes. See you at Varadero…
- On the other side, in Japan PM Shinzo Abe remains unapologetic despite his grief 70 years after the end of WWII; Abenomics is one thing, Warnomics yet another…
- Can Donald Trump do it to the top? Women, …err anything feminine will always haunt him… Hillary Clinton is what the world bets on!
- The World Economic Forum is on and will advise you soon on the deliberations there. Pleased to see, among others, our friends Danae Bezantakou and Dionysia Avgerinopoulou!
- We continue to invite the world visiting Greece and its Islands; that will counter as a plus to the troubles Greece and its people are going through. Try Singapore too! The city-state that continues to thrive!
- Finally, we repeat like last Friday: “Have a nice weekend and be reminded once again to stay on guard vis-a-vis the Greek tragedy for which Europe must be blamed for letting it happen and continues to make it a difficult solution. It is the Greek politicians too and the rotten establishment which brought the country of Gods to this situ – over the last 41 years.”
- For the Orthodox Christiandom, the Dormition of the Mother of God this weekend may save the day!
Viewers can watch the live video here below: