Blue MBA attracts a record 47 executive participants from maritime, logistics and energy sectors for its Class of 2015-17
A record 47 executives are enrolled in the Class of 2015-2017 Executive MBA in Shipping & Logistics (the Blue MBA) at Copenhagen Business School, it has been announced.
They come from 19 countries and a have a wide range of senior management responsibilities in the maritime and related fields.
“We are delighted at this level of recognition by the relevant industries for the Blue MBA, which is the only part-time course of its kind for their senior people, ” said Irene Rosberg, the programme director. “It is clear that the Blue MBA has become firmly established in the maritime world: since its launch in 2001, the programme has graduated 200 executives from 45 countries.”
“The take-up by the new Class is symbolic too of the determination of the current management generation to equip themselves with the best strategic, holistic understanding of the complexities of international maritime trade and transport, finance, investment and other structural support.”
Ms Rosberg added that industry leaders have spoken publicly – a recent example having been at the Blue MBA Graduation Day in August 2015 – of the course bringing substantial real benefit to the individual businesses where the graduates serve, and to the industry as a whole. The speakers had insisted that the course goes much deeper than a mere “academic exercise.”
Among those participating in the latest two-year programme, which has accreditation from leading educational bodies, are:
- Leif ABILDGAARD Wärtsilä
- Martin ALM Almco Shipping AB/Segontian AB
- Mohamed Abdel Halim ALY Pangea Oceanic Maritime Ltd.
- Konstantinos ANDRONIKIDIS V.Ships UK Ltd
- Abdulelah BAGHDADI OCSCL
- Dominic BIGOTT Maersk Brokers
- Sune BLINKENBERG Stiftelsen Fullriggeren Sørlandet
- Ville Rafael BJÖRK C&C Port Agency Finland Oy Ltd
- Mikkel BONDO FAGT Maersk Brokers
- Ioannis John BOTONAKIS Chartworld Shipping Corporation
- Mikkel BØTTCHER Kuehne + Nagel A/S
- Tianyang Carrie CHEN DS Norden A/S
- Alexandros CHIOTOPOULOS DNV GL
- Chris CHRISTENSEN JAS Forwarding (Scandinavia) ApS
- Dorte Thuesen CHRISTENSEN Maersk Tankers
- Henrik CHRISTENSEN Damskibsselskabet NORDEN A/S
- Peter Wilsted CHRISTENSEN Esvagt
- Valentin CIANGA Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine BV
- Necmettin Mert DAGGECEN Vgroup Seatech
- Thomas DAMSGAARD Spliethoff Americas Inc.
- Daniel DANIELSEN Maersk Line
- Thomas DOEPEL Finnlines PAC
- Lars Christian ESPENES Norwegian Maritime Authority
- Peter FLOU-JENSEN Evergas
- Øyvind HATLESTAD Viking Supply Ships
- John JACOBSEN J. Lauritzen A/S
- Morten A. JENSEN Lloyd’s Register
- Søren Holmegaard JENSEN JAS Forwarding (Scandinavia) ApS, Denmark
- Michael JEPPESEN MAN Diesel & Turbo
- John Örjan KARLSSON Stena Rederi AB
- Martin KJENDLIE Evergas
- Monica KOHLI Gard (UK) Ltd.
- Brian Noe KRISTENSEN Maersk Korea Ltd. (Maersk Line)
- Ståle KYRKJEDELE Bourbon Offshore Norway AS
- Steinar LASSEN Royal Norwegian Submarine Services
- Morten MÜLLER Grieg Shipbrokers
- Modestos Dakis NEOFYTOU Marlow Navigation Co. Ltd.
- Kenneth Bille NIELSEN Shipco Transport Vietnam Ltd.
- Mikkel Munk Frost NIELSEN Dong Energy Wind Powers A/S
- Martin NYBO Lloyd’s Register EMEA
- Peter Wallbohm OLSEN Danish Shipowners Association
- Edward PARTRIDGE Angola LNG Marketing Ltd, UK
- Andreas RAHBEK Epic Gas Ltd.
- Harpreet SINGH Koch Fertilizer Trading Sarl, Switzerland
- Sámal SIVERTSEN SKANSI Offshore
- Charles Erik Rickard SVENSSON Dalaro Shipping Ltd
- Tracy Tong XU China Shipping Logistics