AN EFFICIENT 1-DAY REFUGEE RESCUE COURSE FOR SEAFARERS
The ever-increasing rates of rescuing lives at sea and the fate of refugees in distress at high seas or in territorial waters, impose a new situation that has to be managed by seafarers.Aspida offers an effcient one-day course overviewing the regulations of International Law, providing instructions and helpful insight on what to do when rendering assistance in distress.
Refugees, migrants and asylum seekers are likely to be rescued at large numbers by passing ships, especially in the:
• BENGAL BAY
• RED SEA & HORN OF AFRICA
It is not at all impossible that such a boat will cross your way. What should you do? You are under an obligation to attend to the rescue.
• What do I have to do during a rescue of such people in distress?
• What is considered a safe place?
• Which should be the port of disembarkation?
• Which laws, rules and regulations apply?
• Where can I find more information?
• How can I reach the relevant authorities?
LEARN HOW TO:
• Accommodate and manage rescued persons on board
• Manage the security of the ship with rescued persons on board
• Manage the safety of the crew and rescued persons on board
• Post disembarkation actions to be taken by the ship and company
• Prepare, train and organise your people to efficiently perform LSROAS
• We will prepare your people to administer a refugee rescue at sea, while handling the logistics, the psychology and the regulations.
• You will be aware of all possible risks so you can be prepared.
UPCOMING COURSE DATES:2 February 2016
23 February 2016for inquires please contact us at +2155515111 or at email@example.com. *1. We can also deliver a tailor-made session at your premises, at a designated area or on board.*2. Attendees will get: certificate of attendance, easy referral index, handouts, comprehensive quiz.
We, at Aspida, are happy to announce that we are proud supporters of the ERCI – Emergency Response Centre International, a non-profit NGO aiming to provide aid and support in complex environments.We’re currently sponsoring an operation in Lesvos island where a team of professionals along with Aspida’s 8m. RHIB and a 4×4 SUV is on a Search and Rescue (SAR) and support mission assisting the thousands of refugees who arrive on the shores of the island on a daily basis.