IPT and Sustainable Aviation Put on Fine Display for Lord Young
Lord Young of Norwood Green visited The Farnborough International Air Show, a global showcase for UK industry.
During the visit, hosted jointly by the Industry and Parliament Trust (IPT) and Sustainable Aviation Lord Young was able to see the various hosts at the show, including the Aerospace Technology Institute and Rolls-Royce. Lord Young was also able to watch the event’s air display.
The visit, on Tuesday 12 July focused on four areas: – sustainable approaches to aviation, aviation SMEs and multinationals, employment and skills and innovation, and research and development. Lord Young is currently undertaking an IPT Fellowship focusing on skills and apprenticeships, in a variety of sectors.
The Farnborough International Airs how is a week-long event that combines a major trade exhibition for the aerospace and defence industries with a public airshow. The event is held in mid-July in even-numbered years at Farnborough Airport in Hampshire.
Commenting on the visit Lord Young, said:
“I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Farnborough International Air Show with Sustainable Aviation, it was great to meet many of their members and learn about the exciting plans they have for development of the UK’s aerospace industry. I hope to undertake further visits in conjunction with the IPT and Sustainable Aviation in the near future.
Ian Jopson, Chair of Sustainable Aviation added:
“We were delighted to host Lord Young at the Farnborough Airshow. We hope that he enjoyed seeing the latest aircraft technology, meeting experts from the industry and learning more about aviation and aerospace industries sustainability efforts. We greatly appreciate the work that the IPT does in forming strong links between Parliamentarians and businesses and look forward to the launch of a Sustainable Aviation Fellowship available to all parliamentarians later this year”
About the IPT
- To find out more about the Industry and Parliament Trust please visit: www.ipt.org.uk or contact Alex Smith, Communications Officer on 020 7839 9409 or AlexSmith@ipt.org.uk.
- The Industry and Parliament Trust (IPT) is a registered charity dedicated to promoting mutual understanding between Parliament, business, industry and commerce for the public benefit. This is achieved by encouraging dialogue between legislators and wealth generators from all sectors of business. The IPT is independent, non-partisan and non-lobbying.
- Fellowships are bespoke placements in industry for MPs, MEPs and peers structured around a set of learning objectives dictated by each parliamentarian at the beginning of their programme. Fellowships are non-lobbying, non-partisan and educational in ethos and are supported across Parliament. There are currently 72 parliamentarians undertaking a Fellowship. There have been over 500 Fellows since the IPT was founded in 1977.
About Sustainable Aviation
- Launched in 2005, Sustainable Aviation brings together the main players from UK airlines, airports, manufacturers and air navigation service providers to set out a collective and long term strategy to ensure a sustainable future for UK aviation.
- 2015 marked Sustainable Aviation’s 10th anniversary and over this period we have been entirely focused on finding collaborative ways of improving our environmental performance and ensuring sustainable growth. For example, we have published a series of Road-Maps which focus on how we can continue to deliver growth and environmental improvements.To find out more about Sustainable Aviation please email firstname.lastname@example.org