The Agenda of the AGM included an address by the President of WISTA Cyprus, Ms. Despina Panayiotou Theodosiou and a coverage of other AGM matters. Amongst such matters was the proposal and subsequent approval for amendment and of the Articles of Association of the organization facilitating and including the position of a Young Board Affiliate, for the purposes of encouragement, inspiration and motivation of the younger generation in the shipping industry.
Following the AGM the new Board of Directors is as follows:
PRESIDENT – DESPINA PANAYIOTOU THEODOSIOU – Managing Director, Tototheo Group.
VICE PRESIDENT – ANNA VOURGOS – Director, Aphentrica Marine Insurance Brokers Ltd.
SECRETARY GENERAL – YVONNE TSANOS – General Manager and Projects Manager, ÖL Shipping Group.
TREASURER – TASOULA TSAKANIAS – Financial Controller – Maestro Shipmanagement Ltd.
- HELEN JOANNOU CHRYSOSTOMOU – Managing Partner, Maritime Executive Recruiters Consultancy.
- KOULA LOUCA – Divisional Manager, EMCO.
- ANNA PITTALIS – Commercial Manager, Intergaz Chartering Ltd.
YOUNG BOARD AFFILIATE – GINA PANAYIOTOU – Legal Manager, Intership Navigation Co. Ltd.,
It is also worth noting that during the AGM, the departing members Ms. Victoria Kostic-Nola, Ms. Luidmila Bozhedomova, Ms. Christina Tsanos-Panayides and Ms. Stella Kazamias, were awarded presented with honorary awards for their contribution to the organization. The AGM was followed by a New Year’s Dinner open to both members and WISTA friends.
More information about the activity of WISTA can be found at and http://www.wista.net/cy.
WISTA is a networking organization for women at management level in the maritime industry. Which aims to:
· Facilitate the exchange of contacts, information and experiences among its members
· Promote and facilitate the education of its members
· Provide liaison with other related institutions and organizations worldwide
More info on the organisation available at: