As we move through 2017 it is clear the challenges remain in the shipping and finance industries. However, it is clear too that there are opportunities for companies with access to capital or with secure trades to take advantage of attractive asset prices and be positioned for the market upturn. An obstacle may be where to find finance but that too is available for the right deal from places as far apart as New York and Shanghai.
- Is oil now on an upward trend and what does this mean for growth and trade
- Will the low level of ship ordering continue or will low yard prices tempt owners to order “big” again
- Will ship finance become increasingly tight for shipping deals? Is there alternative finance for those deals that do not tick the boxes?
- Chinese financial leasing and the internationalization of the Chinese currency
- Which sectors are likely to give the best returns in the next 5 years?
- Is risk to be hedged or is it an intransigent which cannot be predicted
- The continuing efforts of shipping restructuring: bankers and owners will discuss restructuring strategies in challenging markets – selling ships or selling loans
About Marine Money International
Marine Money International, incorporated in the United States, is the premier provider of maritime finance transactional information and maritime company analysis. Relied upon by shipowners, financiers, investors, ship managers, brokers, lawyers and accountants for the past 30 years, Marine Money has bridged the gap between shipowners and the international capital markets. Our goal is to make you money, save you money and provide access to investment opportunities and capital. For more information, visit www.marinemoney.com.
Marine Money Conferences provide the most up-to-date market intelligence and best networking opportunities available in the industry. Please visit Forums Schedule 2017. Audio recordings and visual presentations given at past Marine Money conferences, List of Participants and much more are available at: www.marinemoney.com/forums/