In this issue:
- 20th COA Members Meeting, Amsterdam – Monday 27 November 2017: REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
- Hotel Room Booking: Special Rate for Participants
- Non-Operating Reefers – COA Guidelines published
- 2017 COA Flexitank Meeting to take place in Amsterdam
- COA Container Pavilion at Intermodal Europe 2017
- COA Acceptable Waterborne Coatings Reference Document
- Standardised COA Cargoworthy Criteria
- IT Division and Work Group
1. 20th COA Members Meeting, Amsterdam – Monday 27 November 2017:REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
· Registration is now open for the 20th COA Members Meeting, taking place at the Hilton Hotel Apollolaan, Amsterdam (click HERE for hotel website), on Monday 27 November 2017 – the day before Intermodal Europe 2017.
2. Hotel Room Bookings: Special Rates for Delegates
· Special rates are available for Participants wishing to stay at the Hilton Hotel.
3. COA Guidelines for Carriage of Cargo in Non-Operating Reefers
· In order to minimise empty repositioning costs, container operators frequently use reefer containers in a “non-operating” mode to carry approved dry cargo – either on a return leg or to re-position the equipment without operating the refrigeration machinery.
4. 2017 COA Flexitank Meeting to take place in Amsterdam
· This year’s COA Flexitank Meeting will take place in Amsterdam on Monday 27 November, forming part of the 20th COA Members Meeting
5. COA Container Pavilion at Intermodal Europe 2017…
· Intermodal Europe 2017 will take place in Amsterdam from Tuesday 28 to Thursday 30 November 2017 in Amsterdam (please go to www.intermodal-events.com).
6. …with Stand Sponsorship Package available
· COA Members are invited to be a sponsor of the COA Container Pavilion.
7. Acceptable Waterborne Coatings Criteria – COA Reference Document
· At the COA’s 19th Members Meeting, an industry Work Group (Lines, Leasing Companies, Coatings Companies) was established to consolidate feedback on the China Container Industries Association criteria published in March.
8. COA Standardised Cargoworthy Criteria
· The Cargoworthy Break-out Session at the 19th COA meeting in Shanghai agreed that the industry would benefit from Standardised Criteria for Cargoworthy containers.
· COA Members have raised the problem of corrosion to the interior of reefers and the reefer machinery caused by Sulphur Dioxide and other cargo treatments or cargo residues.
10. IT Market Report on Common Communication Protocol
· The COA Board has discussed the possibility of establishing an IT Division, focusing on matters of common interest to industry stakeholders. Subject to interest, an IT Work Group would meet at the COA Amsterdam meeting
For further information or feed-back about any of the items in this newsletter, please contact secretary@
To unsubscribe from this Newsletter, just email accounts@