The global trade association for ship operators, the International Chamber of Shipping (ICS), has announced that it will soon be publishing a new edition of the ICS Tanker Safety Guide (Liquefied Gas).
The ‘ICS Gas Guide’ is the definitive industry best practice guidance for gas carrier operators, and is a carriage requirement under the national regulations of many flag states.
“It is strongly recommended that a copy of the completely revised third edition is carried on board every ship engaged in the transportation of liquefied gas by sea” said ICS Deputy Secretary General, Simon Bennett
The fully revised third edition (350 A4 pages with illustrations and cargo data sheets) replaces and supersedes the previous 1995 edition, and will be published in December 2018. Purchasers will also have access to an electronic version with a ‘search’ function.
ICS says that demand is expected to be high and that shipping companies should place orders with maritime booksellers now.
Additional information about the imminent new edition of the ‘ICS Gas Guide’can be found on the ICS website.
- Properties and Hazards of Liquefied Gases
- General Precautions
- Safety Management
- Transportation of Liquefied Gas
- Fire Hazards and Precautions
- Cargo Operations
- Cargo Equipment
- Enclosed Spaces
- Emergency Planning
- Cargo Data Sheets
- Reliquefaction and Boil-Off Control
- Cargo Handling
- Plant and Equipment
- Cargo System Instrumentation
- Drydocking and Repair Periods
- Basic Thermodynamic Theory
- Pressure Surge Effects
- Ship/Shore Safety Checklist
- Liquefied Gas Cargo Information Form
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Matrix Inhibited Cargo Certificate
- Hot Work Permit