As in the past, Panama Maritime 2019 has selected an outstanding group of experts from all sectors of the world maritime – port and logistics industry to form an International Advisory Board that will advise the Organisers on focal points and speakers to include in the Programme. This exceptional group of experts indeed cover the widest possible spectrum of maritime activities, particularly those that give Panama a competitive edge and position the country as a regional hub for logistics services.
- The future of ports: from current strains to the changes and innovations of the future
- Strengthening of the Panamanian logistics hub
- Automation of shipping logistics and the future of work
- The changing legal patterns of the shipping logistics industry
- Impact of artificial intelligence in a timeless industry: Maritime Transportation
- Environmental impact of Maritime Transportation
- Facing 2020: Impact of the new regulatory regime and the promotion of clean and environmentally friendly fuels
- Impact of international investment on the positioning of Panama as a regional logistics hub
- Empowering women in the shipping logistics industry
- 500 year Anniversary of Panama City –500 years of providing logistics services to the World
The Honourable Mr. Kitack Lim, Secretary General of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) will open the conference and exhibition and address the audience on pressing issues at IMO, including the new regulations that emanate from the MARPOL Convention to increase the efficiency of ships and protection of the environment.
The Canal Administrator will provide an update on how the expanded Canal behaves in terms of revenues and market share – and how the Canal contributes to the consolidation of Panama as a regional logistics centre. The Administrator of the Maritime Authority will give us his vision of the next 100 years of the Registry, as well as the development of port infrastructure, such as the maritime ancillary services wharf and the new cruise terminal
The Organising Committee, chaired by Captain Orlando Allard at the Press Conference held on 25 October 2918, at the Panama Canal 104 year old Administration Building.