Hot port News from GAC
SUMMER WORKING HOURS RESTRICTIONS
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
UPDATE ON PRECAUTIONS DUE TO COVID-19
Panama Canal, Panama
CREW CHANGES FOR LOCAL SEAFARERS POSSIBLE
Summer working hours restrictions
Monday, June 8, 2020, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) has advised that rom 15 June to 15 September, the following arrangements are in place at the ports of Das, Zirku & Mubarraz to avoid operational delays during the summer working hours (Restricted time between 1230-1500 hours):
1. Pilots will board the vessels at Das/Zirku Pilot station before 10:00 hours or after 14:00 hours, therefore vessels should plan their ETA accordingly.
2. Cargo loading/discharge operations are to be adjusted in sufficient time before or after the restricted time.
3. Summer working hours within Petroleum Ports apply only to berthing/unberthing operations when riggers are required to work on open decks for connection and disconnection.
For information about operations in Abu Dhabi, contact GAC Abu Dhabi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Update on precautions due to COVID-19
Monday, June 8, 2020, Panama Canal, Panama
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Panama has imposed mandatory requirements to protect the general population to prevent further spread of the virus in the country.
In order to comply with these mandatory measures, the Panama Canal Authority (ACP) requires that all officers and crew of transiting vessels who may come in contact with ACP personnel wear protective masks.
Vessels that fail to comply with this measure may be subject to unnecessary delays to their transit, as well as fines or additional charges.
(For information about operations in the Panama Canal, contact GAC Panama at email@example.com)
Source: Panama Canal Authority Advisory To Shipping No.A-19-2020 dated 5 June 2020
Crew changes for local seafarers possible
Monday, June 8, 2020, Pakistan
Pakistan’s port health authority has verbally confirmed that crew change operations can be performed. However, foreign crew cannot join the vessel due to restrictions on international inbound flights still in force.
The following general rules and regulations must be followed for performing crew change operation:
1. Crew must bring latest COVID-19 test report.
2. Crew must wear the mask and gloves all the time.
3. No hotel stay allowed.
4. Flights must be arranged according to vessel’s berthing as crew are only allowed to join the vessel direct from airport to port.
1. Master’s declaration that the off-signing crew has no any symptoms of COVID-19 from last 14 days and must submit off-signing crew temperature record from last 14 days.
2. All off-signer must test for COVID-19 before disembarkation from the vessel as per advice by port health, if needed. Permission to disembark without a test report and after inspection will be at the discretion of the port health authority.
3. Crew must wear the mask and gloves all the time.
4. No hotel stay allowed.
5. Flights must be arranged directly from the vessel to the airport as crew are only allowed to leave the vessel direct to airport.
For further details and updates, as well as information about operations in Pakistan, contact GAC Pakistan at firstname.lastname@example.org