HFW: Webinar invitation | Why sailing must be reinstated in the Paralympics
HFW Community will be hosting a webinar led by Paralympian sailors Hannah Stodel (Great Britain) and Jovin Tan (Singapore) on 8th October at 9am BST, to discuss the importance of Paralympic sailing and the future of the sport.
The world of sailing was shocked and disappointed by the announcement in September 2018 that sailing was not to be included by the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) in the Paris 2024 Paralympics.
The decision followed the sport’s removal from the Tokyo 2020 Paralympics in January 2015.
In this webinar, Hannah and Jovin will discuss their hopes that the IPC approve any future application for sailing to be returned to the Paralympics, and how the submission of such an application might be achieved.
The webinar will be chaired by HFW partner William MacLachlan.
• is the youngest ever sailor in the Paralympic games
• represented Great Britain four times as a Paralympian
• is a three-time world champion
• won 17 World Cup gold medals
• is a four-time Paralympian
• is the first Asian Game Gold medallist in Paralympic sailing in Singapore
• is the first person with a physical disability to obtain a motorboat license in Singapore
• is the first person with a physical disability to be a full pledge sailing coach in Singapore
If you would like to join, please click the link and register to attend.