DNV’s Maritime Academy course – MARINE INSURANCE and CLAIMS -Live Virtual Classroom Training
DNV’s Maritime Academy Hellas is offering on 29 and 30 June 2021, a two-day live virtual classroom training on Marine Insurance and Claims. The workshop is designed for those working in the operation and in dealing with insurance and claims matters, in shipowning and management companies. It aims to give an understanding of the legal and practical aspects of marine insurance and claims management.
The important terms of the marine insurance covers and the requirements for placing the risks will be analyzed. Participants will be informed of the latest developments concerning the war risks cover and anti-piracy measures and will be able to recognize the key issues of the new cyber security threats and discuss the changes that the GDPR legislation has brought.
Through interactive sessions they will be guided how to respond in emergency situations, prevent or mitigate claims through risk analysis and examine how to carry out effective claims management and incident investigation. They will be able to recognize the importance of evidence collection, claims enforcement and settlement procedures.
- To acquire a better understanding and practical knowledge on how the marine insurance market operates and of claims handling.
- To examine the principles of the Hull and Machinery, Protection and Indemnity of third party liabilities and related insurance covers and review the important terms of the covers and the requirements for placing the risks.
- To respond effectively in emergency cases, prevent or mitigate claims through risk analysis and claims management.
- To be informed of the latest developments and best practices for prevention in relation to piracy, cyber threats and compliance with the GDP Regulation.
- Prepare and Respond to COVID 19 Disease
- Introduction: The principle of Due Diligence
- History of Marine Insurance
- The London Market- How it operates
Lloyd’s Market Association (LMA)
The International Underwriters Association of London (IUA)
The role of Lloyd’s broker
- Other Insurance Markets
- Hull & Machinery Cover
- Increased Value Cover
- Nordic Marine Insurance Plan
- Navigating Limits
- The Insurance Act 2015
- Protection & Indemnity – what it covers
- The International Group of P&I’s – Pooling Agreement
- Fixed Premium P&I cover (Non IG market)
- Freight Demurrage & Defence
- COVID 19 & its consequences
- War Risks
- Piracy /Kidnap & Ransom cover
- Cyber Risks & Insurance
- Data Breaches & GDPR
- Charterer’s Risks & Liabilities – Analysis of the Inter-Club Agreement 1996
- (as amended Sept. 2011)
- Case Study I
- Marine Accident & Incident Investigation – Definitions
- Risk Management
- The Human Element
- Disclosure of Documents
- Evidence collection and writing an Incident Report
- Charter Parties Disputes – update on recent case decisions
- Bunker Disputes
- Demurrage claims
- Bills of Lading – Hague & Hague Rules explained, e-Bills of Lading
- Enforcement of Maritime Claims
- Maritime Liens
- Lien on the cargo
- Hull & Machinery Claims –claims statistics
- Constructive Total Loss
- General Average – The York-Antwerp Rules
- Salvage – Lloyd’s Open Form, SCOPIC
- Collisions – The International Regulations for Preventing Collisions at Sea 1972,
- Oil Pollution
- Wreck Removal
- Places of Refuge
- The IMSBC code
- The IMDG code – Hazards of carrying bauxite by ship
Liquefaction – recent cases
- Cargo claims – Most common cargo claims causes
- Steel claims
- Coal claims
- Rice claims
- Cargo claims for Tankers
- Practical Points on Claims Handling
- Crew claims
- Passengers – Shore Workers on board
- Maritime Refugees
- Case Study II
Course: Marine Insurance & Claims
Venue, date: Live Virtual Classroom training, 29-30 June 2021 (10:00 – 18:00)
Trainer: Mrs Mary Pothitos, Paralegal Maritime Services, Claims Handling consultant, Fellow member of the Institute of Paralegals UK, DNV’s Maritime Academy Trainer.
Fees: Euros 800,00 plus VAT
Registration Deadline: 23 June 2021
You can book it through our NEW TRAINING PORTAL here.
Should you require additional information or clarifications please do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Marina Papaioannou PhD
Principal Academy Advisor
Maritime Academy Hellas
Please copy your answer to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
DNV HELLAS SINGLE MEMBER S.A.
Switch +302104100200 | Mobile +306972025556