Understanding ISPS training course
A COURSE IN LIVE VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
The course deals with the requirements of the International Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) for shipping companies, shipping personnel and maritime authorities.
The participants will learn the required steps for establishing a Ship Security Plan (SSP), the methods generally used for its implementation and maintenance on board and the procedures for certification.
General principles of security are explained with practical examples.
Emphasis will be given on:
- Information about the background and mandatory requirements of SOLAS and the ISPS Code
- Introduction to the elements of the ISPS Code
- Basic knowledge regarding the performance of security assessments
- Information about internal/external verifications and the certification procedure
- Necessity of security awareness and vigilance
Entry Requirements: Basic Maritime knowledge
Duration: 1 day
Who should attend: Shipping Companies: nautical officers, engineers, ratings, assistants (management, inspection, quality/ISM), internal auditors
|Date:||27 January 2022|
|Location:||Live Virtual Classroom (link to be provided)|
|Time Schedule:||10:00hrs – 17:30hrs|
|Trainer:||Mr. Alexandros Michelis, Hellenic Naval Academy Engineer, DNV’s Maritime Academy Trainer|
|Course Fee:||EURO 420/delegate (plus VAT)|
|Enrolment Deadline:||January 19th|
Important information for successful course completion:
- This course will be conducted online, therefore an internet connection is required.
- Participants are required to communicate and interact verbally, visually and in written form throughout the training course since the interaction between the trainer and participants is important for successful course completion.
- A connected camera, microphone, or audio headset during the course always enhances the quality of training.
To enroll in this course CLICK HERE.
Our updated Maritime Academy Hellas Training Courses Schedule is attached, however, our training portal may always keep you updated with the upcoming public courses scheduled from our Academy.
Should you require any further information or clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Senior Academy Advisor
Maritime Academy Hellas
Maritime Service Centre & Advisory
DNV HELLAS Single Member S.A.
Landline +30 210 4100200