Propulsion shaft bearings – maintenance & damage handling new!!!
Live Virtual Classroom
Propulsion shaft bearing damages lead to diminished or total loss of propulsion capability, costly repairs, off-hire time, loss of reputation and increased insurance premium and/or deductibles.
Experience shows that most of damages can be handled better or even eliminated if all stake holders in the chain have a technically correct and common understanding of critical factors.
At the end of the course, the participant will have a better understanding of:
- Shaft alignment basics, relevance to safe operation and scope of DNV rules and typical industry standards
- Typical damages encountered during the operational phase of the vessel and contributing factors
- Monitoring and maintenance activities aimed to reduce the risk of propulsion shaft bearing damages
- How to better handle costly and time-consuming propulsion shaft bearing damages (reducing off-hire costs and ensuring a high-quality repair)
The course focuses on:
- Bearing damage handling – key steps
- Shaft alignment basics and compliance scope
- Single, double sloped aft stern tube bearings and contact area
- Practical handling – managing technical resources
- Typical bearing damages experienced, detection methods and typical contributing factors
- Shaft alignment basics, single/double sloped bearings, critical bearing performance influencing factors and common verification methods used
- Environmentally acceptable lubricant (EALs) performance – impact and mitigation
- Case studies – how to manage typical damage scenarios
- Anonymous test – summary of key takeaways
Who should attend:
Personnel involved in management of technical operations, maintenance and supervision of drydocking e.g. Technical superintendents, Fleet managers, chief engineers involved in management or operation of vessels, Technical positions in Insurance companies
Basic knowledge of vessel technical operation and shafting systems
Lecture, Discussion, Interaction among participants, case exercises.
Duration: 4.5 hours
Language: Lecture and Material in English
|Date:||10 February 2022|
|Location:||Live Virtual Classroom (link to be provided)|
|Time Schedule:||10.00hrs – 14.30hrs|
|Trainer:||Øystein Alnes/Arun Sethumadhavan – DNV Experts – Oslo|
|Course Fee:||350 EURO/delegate (plus VAT)|
|Enrolment Deadline:||January 31st|
Important information for successful course completion:
- This course will be conducted online, therefore an internet connection is required.
- Participants are required to communicate and interact verbally, visually and in written form throughout the training course since the interaction between the trainer and participants is important for successful course completion.
- A connected camera, microphone, or audio headset during the course always enhances the quality of training.
To enroll in this course CLICK HERE.
Our updated Maritime Academy Hellas Training Courses Schedule is attached, however our training portal may always keep you updated with the upcoming public courses scheduled from our Academy.
Should you require any further information or clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Senior Academy Advisor
Maritime Academy Hellas
Maritime Service Centre & Advisory
DNV HELLAS Single Member S.A.
Landline +30 210 4100200
Please copy your reply to the e-mail address: email@example.com