Following the request for proposals, ISAF are pleased to announce that they have received entrants for, six Women’s Skiff and seven Mixed Mutlihulls and wish to invite them all to the evaluation event in Santander, Spain in March.
The six skiff entries:
- • 29erXX – Ovington Boats
- • ARUP Skiff – ARUP
- • AURA – Ovington Boats
- • Hartley Rebel – Hartley Boats
- • Mackay FX – Mackay Boats
- • RS900 – RS Sailing
The seven multihull entrants:
- • Hobie 16 – Hobie Cat
- • Hobie Tiger – Hobie Cat
- • Nacra 17 – Nacra Sailing International
- • Nacra F16 – Nacra Sailing International
- • Spitfire S – Sirena Voile
- • Tornado – International Tornado Class Association
- • Viper – Australian High Performance Catamarans (AHPC)
Throughout the nine day evaluation, sailors nominated by their Member National Authorities will sail the boats and provide feedback. A report will then be produced at the 2012 ISAF Mid-year meeting in Stresa, Italy where ISAF Council will make the final selection.
The centre that’s hosting the evaluation event, will also host the 2014 ISAF Sailing World Championships, where the selected boats will be put on the ISAF Worlds stage for the first time before their Olympic debut in Rio, Brazil 2016. The boats will also be a part of the ISAF Sailing World Cup from 2013.