29 April 2014 – (New York) At the 151st Annual Meeting of the Members of ABS and at the Annual Meeting of the Board of Directors the day before, industry leaders were elected and appointed to serve on several bodies that contribute to the operation of the classification society as it fulfills its mission of promoting the security of life and property and preserving the natural environment.
“ABS is proud to announce such a strong group of marine and offshore industry leaders that will help guide the direction of one of the world’s leading classification societies, ” said ABS Chairman and CEO Christopher J. Wiernicki.
During the Annual Meeting of ABS Members, the following individuals were elected to the ABS Advisory Council until they no longer hold office:
- John A. Ryder, SPHR, ABS
- RADM James A. Watson IV, USCG (Ret.)
The following individual was elected for a three-year term ending April 2017:
- Saleh A. Al-Shamekh, President (Oil & Gas), Bahri (formerly known as NSCSA, The National Shipping Company of Saudi Arabia)
The ABS Chairman appointed for a one-year term ending April 2015 to the Classification Committee:
- Greggory B. Mendenhall, Esq., Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
The ABS Chairman appointed to the Marine Technical Committee for a three-year term ending April 2017:
- Mun Keun Ha, Samsung Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- Jong-Seung Lee, Hyundai Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- Sung-Geun Lee, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Tomoaki Takahira, Japan Marine United Corporation
- Shaj U. Thayil, APL Co. Pte Ltd.
The ABS Chairman appointed to the Offshore Technical Committee for a three-year term ending April 2017:
- Gustavo Adolfo Villela de Castro, Petroleo Brasileiro S/A – PETROBRAS
- Mattias Elgström, GVA Consultants AB
- Jong-Ku Kim, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co., Ltd.
- Terry L. Loftis, Transocean (North America)
- Captain John Mauger, United States Coast Guard
- David Petruska, BP
At the Annual Meeting of the Board of Directors, the Board elected to ABS membership until he no longer holds office:
- John A. Ryder, SPHR, ABS Vice President, Human Resources and Administration
At the Annual Meeting of the Board of Directors, the Board elected to ABS membership for a five-year term expiring April 2019:
- Masafumi Abo, President, Abo Shoten, Ltd.
- Kamarudin Ahmad, Director/Founder, PT Bahtera Niaga Internasional
- Tarik Bin Mohamed Bin Sultan Al-Junaidi, Acting CEO, Oman Shipping S.A.O.C.
- Rajaish Bajpaee, Chief Executive Officer, Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (Hong Kong) Ltd. Partnership
- J. Russell Bruner, President and CEO, Maersk Line Limited
- Mark Cameron, Chief Operating Officer, Ardmore Shipping Limited
- Cao Shu-Jie, Vice President, China Oilfield Service Limited
- Anthony Chiarello, President and CEO, TOTE, Moorestown
- Peter Cremers, Chief Executive Officer, Anglo-Eastern Group
- William F. Dougherty, Partner, Burke & Parsons
- Fred Finger, Vice President and General Manager, Fidelio Limited Partnership/American Roll-on Roll-off Carrier, LLC, (ARC)
- Dr. Ottmar Gast, Chairman of the Executive Board, Hamburg-Sued
- Peter Gianopulos, CEO and Owner, American Ship Repair
- RADM Phillip Greene Jr., USN (Ret.), President and CEO, TOTE Services
- Arun Kumar Gupta, Chairman and Managing Director, The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd.
- Anthony Gurnee, Chief Operating Officer, Ardmore Executive Limited
- Svein Moxnes Harfjeld, CEO, DHT Management
- Toru Higashi, President, Kitanihon Shipbuilding Co., Ltd.,
- Kaname Ichima, Managing Director and General Manager – International Business Division, Astomos Energy Corporation,
- Shingo Inui, Representative Director, President, Inui Steampship Co., Ltd.
- Hisashi Kadota, President, Shin Kurushima Dockyard Co., Ltd.
- Janus Kao, President, Ta-Ho Maritime Corporation
- Stephen N. Konzel, III, Vice President of Operations and Engineering, Donjon Marine Co., Inc.
- Satish Kumar, Managing Director, Dockendale Ship Management (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Lawrence Kwai, Board of Director and Vice President, Ocean Line Group Investment & Development Corp.
- Lee Kim Foong Simon, President, Keppel AmFELS, LLC
- Steve Lee, Chairman, China Steel Express Corporation, Kaohsiung
- Li Hua, Executive Director, Sinotrans Shipping Ltd.
- Li Ming-Dong, Chairman, Yangfan Group Co., Ltd.
- Antonio C. Lino Costa, Retired ABS Vice President, Global Marketing
- Lu Jun-Chen, Deputy General Manager, Shandong Shipping Corporation
- John A. Miklus, President, American Institute of Marine Underwriters
- Spiros Milonas, Founder, Chairman and President, Ionian Management Inc.
- Hiroshi Minami, President, Oshima Shipbuilding Co. Ltd.
- Hiroyuki Mori, President, Naikai Zosen Corporation
- Nova Y. Mugijanto, Managing Director, PT Pelayaran Pan Maritime Wira Pawitra
- Trygve P. Munthe, President, DHT Management
- Henrik Nyman, Managing Director, Ellingsen Ship Management
- Kazuyuki Oki, President, Cido Shipping (Japan) Co., Ltd.
- Park Jin-Yong, President, Samsung Heavy Industries (Ningbo) Co., Ltd.
- Lenny Pendexter, Retired ABS Senior Vice President and Chief Surveyor
- Philippos Philis, Chairman and CEO, Lemissoler Navigation Co. Ltd.
- Adamantios Polemis, Owner, Polembros Shipping Ltd./New Shipping Ltd.
- Dr. Adri R. Postema, General Manager, Shell Trading and Shipping Company
- Madzri Ab Rahman, Chief Operating Officer, M3nergy Berhad
- Robin F. Reeves, CEO, Marine Assets Corporation
- Paddy Rodgers, CEO, Euronav (UK) Agencies
- John G. Samonas, Director, John Samonas & Sons Limited
- Dimitri-Frank Saracakis, Chief Executive, Ionic Shipping Group
- Captain Charles Jan Scharffetter, Senior Director, Oldendorff Carriers GbmH & Co. KG
- John W. Schlosser, President, Terminals, Kinder Morgan
- Masahiro Sonda, General Manager, Shipbuilding & Ocean Development Division, General Manager, Commercial Aviation & Transportation Systems, Head of Nagasaki Shipyard & Machinery Works, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Ltd.
- Su Wen-Wei, Administrative Vice General Manager, China Shipping Industry (Jiangsu) Co., Ltd.
- Daniel G. Sundell, General Manager, Caterpillar Motoren GmbH & Co. KG
- Johnson Williang Sutjipto, Commissary, Wintermar Offhsore Marine Tbk
- Tan Leong Peng, Acting Head of Engineering, Keppel FELS Limited
- Keiji Tanaka, President, Fukuoka Shipbuilding Co., Ltd.
- Keith Teo, General Manager (Marketing), Keppel FELS Limited
- Todd J. Thayse, Vice President and General Manager, Bay Shipbuilding Company
- Tommy Thomassen, Vice President, Maersk Tankers
- Zanis Veniamis, Owner, Golden Union Shipping Co. S.A.
- Wong Fook Seng, Executive Director, PE and Planning, Keppel FELS Limited
- Xiang Hui-Ming, General Manager, CSSC Guangzhou Huangpu Shipbuilding Company Limited
- Chang-Keun Yoo, President and CEO, Hyundai Merchant Marine Co., Ltd.
- Young-Ho Yoon, Executive Vice President and Shipyard General Manager, Samsung Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- Rahman bin Yusof, Chief Operations Officer, Icon Offshore Berhad
- Zhao Jin-Jie, Chairman, Fujian Shipbuilding Industry Group Corporation
Founded in 1862, ABS is a leading international classification society devoted to promoting the security of life, property and the marine environment through the development and verification of standards for the design, construction and operational maintenance of marine-related facilities.