The conference will focus on the maritime transportation of iron ore and coal, making an attempt to forecast the trends of global economy; iron ore, coal and other commodities, production and distribution; the trading markets, shipping capacities, shipbuilding and shipping requirements; the financing and investment climate, shipping innovation effects on ship-values and the environmental imperatives.
Among the Speakers and Discussion Panelists are: (as of today the 20ht August)
- George Gratsos President, Hellenic Chamber of Shipping
- Miltiadis Varvitsiotis Minister of Shipping, Maritime Affairs and the Aegean
- Nicky Pappadakis President Emeritus INTERCARGO & Chairman A.G. Pappadakis
- Philip Embiricos Past President, BIMCO
- Giorgio Barabino Manager MED, Shell (LNG fuels)
- Harry Vafias President & CEO, StealthGas Inc.
- John Xylas President & CEO, ARISTON Navigation Corp.
- Minas Sorotos Managing Partner & CEO, CALTREK
- Jannis Kostoulas President, Mare Forum and Partner, OreCoal
- Karen Kokabi Managing Director, OreCoal
- John Su Managing Director, Erasmus Shipinvest B.V.
- Dr. Thanos P. Dokos Director General, ELIAMEP
- George Tsavliris Principal, Tsavliris Salvage and Chairman INTERMEPA
- Akis Tsirigakis Founder & CEO, Nautilus Marine Acquisition Corp. (t.b.c.)
- Panos Zachariadis Technical Director, Atlantic Bulk Carriers Management Ltd.
- Wendy Ye Eurasia Maritime Consultants Co Ltd
- Guy Verberne Chief Analyst PGGM, The Netherlands
- Erkam Yildirim President, Zealand Shipping B.V.
- Colin Cridland Board Member, Clarksons
- James Leake Managing Director – Arrow Research Limited
- Dimitris Koukas Managing Director, Optima Shipbrokers
- Enrico Paglia Research Banchero-Costa
- RADM Robert C. North (ret USCG), President Northstar Maritime Inc.
- Basil G. Mavroleon Director, Weberseas (Hellas) S.A.
- Duncan Dunn SSY Futures Ltd.
- Stavros Meidanis Manager, DPA/CSO, Capital Ship Management Corp (t.b.c.)
- Apostolos Poulovassilis Regional Marine Manager, Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA), Lloyd’s Register
- Michele Francioni CEO, RINA Services SpA
- Representative, Europe Division, ABS
- Theo Xenakoudis Worldwide Business Operations Officer, IRI/The Marshall Islands Registry
- George Xiradakis Managing Director of XRTC Business Consultants Ltd.
- Manos Sofronis Director SSL Insurance Brokers
- George D. Gourdomichalis Blue Wall Shipping Limited (t.b..c.)
- Fabrizio Vettosi Venice Shipping and Logistics SpA, Investment & Advisory
- Dimitris Lyras Director, Lyras Shipping Ltd.
- Jan Fransen Managing Director, Green Award Foundation
- Helena Athoussaki CEO, Carbon Positive Services Ltd.
- George Arcadis Chief Representative Greece, ABN AMRO
- Stefano Bertilone General Manager Greece, Middle East & Africa, Rina Services SpA
- Ioannis Alexopoulos Director, Eurofin S.A.
- Spyridon Zolotas Area Manager Greece & Cyprus, RINA
- Dean Tseretopoulos Director, QACE
- Alek Tomazos Managing Director, Wärtsilä Greece S.A.
- George M. Chalos Esq. CHALOS & Co, P.C. – International Law Firm
- Janos Koenig Managing Director, Eurofin
- Kenny Anderson Business Development Manager, Port2port
- Fabrice Piard Freight Trader – Panamax Desk, Louis Dreyfus Commodities (t.b.c.)
- Andrea Bissoli Head of Dry Freight, Gunvor Group (t.b.c.)
- Jeremy Brian Global Head of Panamax Trading Desk; CARGILL (t.b.c.)
- Thomas Semino Head of Dry Bulk Freight, VITOL S.A. (t.b.c.)
- More speakers and panelists to be announced shortly…
To register for the conference please click on:
Early bird rate: Euro 750, – (Booking and pay before September 1, 2014)
Full rate: Euro 950, – (Booking and pay from September 1, 2014)
Come to Athens and join the world’s shipping players there to discuss, debate and network in a true Athenian style at Iron Ore & Coal World Shipping Summit 2013.