Public holidays around the world in the coming two weeks include the following:
- Mon 3 Nov – Ashura
- Tue 4 Nov – Day of Unity (Russian Federation)
- Sun 9 Nov – Birthday of Muhammad Iqbal (Pakistan)
- Mon 10 Nov – Angola Independence Day
- Tue 11 Nov – Veterans’ Day (USA)
- Tue 11 Nov – Poland National Independence Day
- Sat 15 Nov – Brazil Republic Day
- Sat 15 Nov – Ivory Coast National Peace Day
For information about operations around the world contact the respective GAC office. Details may be found under ‘GAC Worldwide’ at gac.com
Temporary suspension of 2nd southbound convoy
November 01, 2014, Egypt, Suez Canal
Effective from today (1 November), the entry of the second southbound convoy into the Suez Canal has been suspended until completion of cleansing and dredging work in the new Canal area.
All southbound vessels are able to transit the Canal within the limit time designated
for the first southbound convoy. The first southbound convoy commences daily on at 0100 hours local time, with a limit time of arrival 1900 hours on the previous day.
The northbound convoy (from the Red Sea to the Mediterranean) commences at 0600 hours local time with limit time of arrival 0200 hours local time. Additional canal tolls can be paid in case of vessels’ arriving after cut-off time (0200 hrs lt) allowing them to still be able to join the northbound convoy on the same day 0600 hours local time as follows:
– Arrival between 0200 & 0300 local time (3% of canal tolls).
– Arrival between 0300 & 0400 local time (5% of canal tolls).
– Arrival after 0400 hours local time (10% of canal tolls).
The southbound convoy (from the Mediterranean to the Red Sea) commences at 0100 hours local time with limit time of arrival 1900 hours on the previous day. Additional canal tolls can be paid in case of vessels arriving after the cut-off time (1900 hours local time) allowing them to still join the southbound convoy commencing the next day at 0100 hours local time.
– Arrival between 1900 & 2100 local time (3% of canal tolls).
– Arrival between 2100 & 2200 local time (5% of canal tolls).
– Arrival after 2200 hours local time (10% of canal tolls).
For information about operations in the Suez Canal contact GAC Egypt at firstname.lastname@example.org
GAC is a global provider of integrated shipping, logistics and marine services dedicated to helping customers achieve their strategic goals at the highest levels of quality, safety and compliance.