As part of its continued supply network growth in West Africa, Hutton’s Group has opened a new facility in Equatorial Guinea to boost its supply chain in the region.
Operating as part of Hutton’s Remote Site Services, the new base in Luba Freeport will enhance the successful supply solutions already being delivered by Hutton’s West Africa depots in Ghana and Ivory Coast. As the only ship supplier based within Luba Freeport, Hutton’s has the unique advantage of offering tax free provisions, consumables, logistics and stores handling within the West Africa region.
Using its well-developed and full range of facilities, including frozen, chilled, dry and bulk storage, Hutton’s Remote Site Services provides high quality:
- General Chandlery
- Logistics & Medical Supplies and Equipment.
HRSS imports stock products directly from Europe into the tax free Freeport enabling Hutton’s to provide high quality products at the most competitive prices within the region. Using direct container shipping routes with Europe and North America allows the company’s Luba Freeport supply base to store strategically essential spares and products, tax free, for direct supply or transit elsewhere within the region.
Alex Taylor, Hutton’s Group Managing Director, said: “We are delighted to open this base in Luba Freeport. This new depot forms an important part of Hutton’s growing supply network throughout Africa and enables us to provide supply chain management for all ports in the region. Through Hutton’s Remote Site Services we are pleased to be able to provide our customers with the same levels of quality and service as we do in our UK branches.
“Luba Freeport is strategically located to serve Equatorial Guinea, Nigeria and Congo all within 12 to 24hrs steaming time. The tax-free option provides ship operators the opportunity for their vessels to collect essential stores and services at the best prices. “
Gaidis Griva, Hutton’s Sales Manager – OSV Global, added: “Our growing West Africa supply chain is attracting a great deal of interest from our clients and from companies with vessels working in the region. With our knowledge and contacts we are able to overcome local obstacles and logistics challenges as well as offering massive cost and time savings to vessel operators and managers.“
- Hutton’s Group operates its West Africa supply network as Hutton’s Remote Site Services (HRSS)
- HRSS’s main Area Supply Bases are in the safe and stable areas of Takoradi, Ghana and in Luba Free Port, Equatorial Guinea. Takordi services the developing offshore oil and gas port and the neighbouring port of Tema, while Luba is uniquely positioned at the deepwater port facility operated by UK-firm Lonrho.
- These ethically and environmentally aware supply bases boast large, secure facilities providing full ambient, chilled and frozen storage for an extensive range of European-quality products which are delivered via a fleet of temperature-controlled vehicles, unique in this part of the world. They are staffed by experienced and well-trained personnel who provide a high quality service and are assisted by computer processes linked to Hutton’s UK operations.
- With direct supply links to the UK and Europe, the Hutton’s bases are Petroleum Corporation-approved and offer services such as consignment clearance, storage and logistics, handling of customer spares and consignments and a tax/duty-free facility.
- Smaller local supply branches in Ivory Coast, supplying customers in the Abidjan area, and Liberia are supported from our Area Supply Bases and more regional depots are planned.
- Hutton’s Equatorial Guinea depot is located at Luba Freeport, Equatorial Guinea. The Area Manager is Gaidis Griva email:email@example.com
- For more information see the website: www.huttons-rss.com