Our fifteenth weekly recapitulation of the shipping markets, their respective main indices and world geopolitics affecting same in 2015, tonight Friday the 10th of April 2015, with John Faraclas of AllAboutShipping in London.
- The BDI remained the same for three consecutive days at 580 points, the same since last Wednesday, but down eight points since last Thursday the 2nd of April 2015 when it …hit 588 points
- The BCI was up five points since yesterday at 466 and 12 points up since last week’s closing at 454 points.
- The BPI was up nine points at 600 and 11 points up since last week’s 589 points.
- The BSI was down four points at 616 which is 23 points down since last week’s 636 points; caution…as there is a proportional major drop…
- The BHSI was also down six points at 373 and 16 points down since last week’s 386 points…
So, all in all again a weak, a stranded dry market… CAUTION!
“Different” story all together for the wets; up since the last published BDTI and BCTI, mixed results for the week.
- The Dirties and its BDTI index was up seven points at 771 but down 33 points since last week’s 804 points…
- The Cleans and the respective BCTI was also up 15 points at 678 but only three points up since last week’s 675…
We maintain the view that this is still a good market for start ups and for established companies with strong financial position, listed or unlisted to purchase cheap tonnage – newbuilds or second-hand ones!
With the geopolitics once again in a bigger mess, ensure all is well. We reiterate that “Surprising events might jeopardise world trade”!!!
- In Ukraine, things continue as we predicted to go from worse to worse; Germany even recalls back to service 100 tanks… Putin flexes his muscles…. The Greek prime minister’s visit in Moscow was symbolic despite the rhetoric… Some bilateral agreements are not bad; by the way same things took place very successfully even at the height of the Cold War during the seven year of the Colonels Regime in Greece; remember peat and the peat mining business in many parts of Greece under the supervision of Communist experts (Thassos, Kavala and in many more places…)? Did the late President Richard Nixon went to War with the Soviets…?
- The Eurozone lead by Germany continues to have a tough time with Greece. Time will tell who’s right and who is wrong, but all these mess and costs will be to the expense of the European tax payer. Regret, but the Greek Government is no better than the previous one and doesn’t know how to negotiate to and for the benefit of Greeks worldwide, but for the European too, as Mr. Tsipras “claims” he is fighting for…. There is a lot of suspense and a lot of mess. Let’s see whose gone pay the bill at the end of the day, and who’s going to face the music. The media, and in particularly the supposed to be super and serious newspapers, should abandon intrusions vis-a-vis who must be part of the SYRIZA coalition… Same applies for some Greek politicians from the opposition front… A lot of bullshit, excuse my French. If the SYRIZA/ANEL coalition wishes to put people, I mean ministers and prime ministers in the dock for the 2009 onwards mess, with respect signing the famous Memorandums with the Troika etc. etc., and the opposition countering with checking the situation from 1981 onwards and they themselves (the current coalition Government) don’t make it with all these communication tricks and other “methods”, they should head voluntarily and jump from the Kaiadas Cavern or from the Acropolis rock… Remember, we were the first to put forward with our top log-in article”Greece: should the shit hit the fun?” and others of what will happen… We are hoping Nemesis hits hard, we just wait things to happen. We also wonder what really financially -economically and socially happened and continues to happen in Greece since the 25th of January 2015 when SYRIZA/ANEL took power, as we must all ask the current coalition to follow the hara-kiri method…if they fail…
- Hillary Clinton is about to announce her candidacy; great expectations! President Obama along with 34 more heads of states and politicians from North, Central and South America meet in Panama and the expected hand-shake with Raoul Castro is going to drive mad all the photographers; paparazzi will have their day too…
- The Middle East and its periphery gets worse. Yemen, Syria, Libya, Aden, Iraq, Iran to name but a few states in total disarray. Watch it!
- The Migrants issue is getting worse, not just in the Med, but else where. 40 are missing from Haiti trying to reach Turks and Caicos Islands.
- Over here, the UK Elections are under way; will the Tories close the gap…? Let’s see the next coalition to govern! The extended Easter gives us a breathing space, but be ready for major geopolitical upheavals…Will UKIP make it this time and turn the tide?
Viewers can listen to the live video herebelow:
Enjoy the Orthodox Easter break for the 400 million Orthodox celebrating same this weekend and be on guard for a sudden deterioration in world affairs. The Oxford vs. Cambridge Rowing race an event not to be missed!
* the salvor might be a war, and why not!