Marine environmental services company Antipollution SA on Friday July 17 2015 successfully concluded the clean-up and hazardous and non-hazardous waste management operations on the Hellenic Seaways passenger vessel Highspeed 5, which suffered extensive damages at Economy, Business, VIP and Bridge Decks due to fire incident during maintenance works on 23rd of March 2015.
ANTIPOLLUTION SA completed the project within extremely tight time-schedules, having mobilised a highly skilled techno-scientific team and taken all necessary measures for the health and safety of employees and with respect to the surrounding sea environment and applicable national and European legislation.
- Sampling, classification of waste & inventory of hazardous materials
- Pumping of hazardous oily wastes
- Packaging, signage and management of hazardous waste
- Cropping and removal of destroyed metal structures of the vessel in accordance to the optimum available practices
- Marine environmental protection services
- 24/7 security and first aid services
Taking into consideration the uniqueness of the project for the Greek standards, since it was the first catamaran vessel made of aluminium whose losses were managed in Greece, ship-owners upon delivery of project expressed their satisfaction for the cooperation, professionalism and know-how of Antipollution SA.-