NORFOLK, Va. – Sept. 29, 2015 – (Marine NewsWire) Senior executives from the world’s leading classification societies will play a prominent role in the SHIPPINGInsight 2015 Fleet Optimization Conference & Exhibition, which convenes Oct. 13-14 in Stamford, Conn.
Leading the way is ABS, a platinum-level sponsor for the annual maritime technology forum. Other major classification society sponsors are Bureau Veritas, ClassNK, DNV GL and Lloyd’s Register.
Paal Johansen, vice president and director of operations, maritime, for DNV GL will be the keynote speaker for the Fuel & Propulsion Session on the opening day of the conference. Other speakers in the conference are:
- Jim Watson, president & COO, ABS Americas
- Howard Fireman, senior vice president & chief technology officer, ABS
- Stephen Gumpel, vice president, ABS Americas
- Martial Claudepierre, LNG business development manager, marine & offshore division, Bureau Veritas
- Seiichi Gyobu, general manager, ClassNK
- Bjorn-Harald Bangstein, regional manager – maritime advisory, Americas, DNV GL
- Ginger Garte, Americas environmental manager, Lloyd’s Register
- Rafael Riva, marine business development manager, Lloyd’s Register North America
- Ches King, business development manager, North & Central America, RINA
This year’s conference features a special roundtable discussion focused on “The Role of Class & Flag, ” which includes representatives from all major classification societies and leading flag state authorities to discuss their initiatives for improving ship efficiency and fleet optimization.
ABS Americas president and COO Jim Watson, commented, “The annual SHIPPINGInsight conferences provide a great opportunity for shipowners, classification societies, flag states and technology specialists to explore challenges and solutions for enhancing efficiency in ship operations. We fully support this forum and look forward to being a major participant in what is becoming an important event on the annual maritime industry calendar in North America.”
SHIPPINGInsight 2015 takes place at the Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa. Delegates can register online at www.shippinginsight.com/
Soccoli Associates LLC, a maritime consultancy, and Rhodes Communications, Inc., an international communications firm specializing in the maritime industry, are co-producers for the SHIPPINGInsight events. The SHIPPINGInsight 2015 Fleet Optimization Conference & Exhibitionwill take place Oct. 13-14 at the Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa