Thome Ship Management Pte. Ltd., has opened a modern training facility in Makati city in the heart of the Philippines, so that its seafarers and cadets can practise using the latest equipment which will be the same as the machinery they encounter once onboard.
All guests were welcomed by Capt Ivar Thomasli, Managing Director of Thome Ship Management – ROHQ, followed by the ribbon – cutting ceremony led by Thome Group Executive Chairman, Olav Eek Thorstensen, President and Chief Commercial Officer (COO), Claes Eek Thorstensen, Deputy Managing Director Sartaj Gill and Regional Training Manager Capt. Dante Bo.
The Thome Training Workshop and Dormitory can accommodate up to 50 seafarers/cadets and comes complete with Wi-Fi, 10 standalone CBT computers, and various state-of-the-art facilities and equipment that meets the key vessel requirements of Thome’s principals.
Some of the on-site equipment includes:
- FRAMO Pumping System which includes its own Power Pack and Tank
- SCANJET Tank Cleaning Machine
- JOWA Oily Water Separator
- 38 KW Generator (220/440 Volts)
- YANMAR Diesel Engine, Screw Type Air Compressor (9.5 Bars)
- TANABE Reciprocating Air Compressor
- ALFA LAVAL Purifier
- IHI Turbo Charger
- SCHMIDT Blasting and Paint Coating equipment
Several training courses are available to help cadets and seafarers such as:
- Pre-Sea Training for Cadets
- Engine OIC Enhancement Course 1 (newly-licensed OIC and existing 4/E)
- Engine OIC Enhancement Course 2 (3/E and 4/E for promotion)
- Engine Senior Enhancement Course (C/E and 2/E)
- FRAMO Operation Course
- FRAMO Maintenance Course
- Advanced OIL/CHEM Training (Senior Officers’ Workshop)
- Advance OIL/CHEM Training (Ratings’ Workshop)
“Having such a modern and up to date training facility based in the Philippines where we recruit many of our cadets and crew is so important to maintaining a consistent level of well trained and motivated seafarers,” said Claes Eek Thorstensen, President and COO of the Thome Group.
“Being able to accommodate up to 50 seafarers in our dormitory at any one time is also important as we expand the ethnicity of our personnel with a growing number recruits coming from Asian and eastern bloc regions,” he continued