IBIA and S&P Global Platts Webinar: Bunkering in 2020: Sulphur Regulations, Oil Wars and COVID 19
Preparing for IMO 2020 was a huge challenge for all stakeholders in the global bunker industry. A lot of effort went into planning and preparation both on the supply and user side amid uncertainty about product types and availability, bunker price developments and what would happen on the enforcement side.
Market volatility was expected, but what nobody could have foreseen was the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic combined with the collapse of the so-called OPEC+ pact, causing oil prices to plummet on oversupply.
Join S&P Global Platts and bunker industry experts IBIA for a must-see webinar on Wednesday May 13 at 12 pm BST to hear our discussion about how the oil and bunker markets are dealing with these volatile times.
Topics will include:
- How has the unexpected oil market fundamentals impacted on bunker supply and product prices vs IMO 2020 impact on pricing?
- Marine Fuel 0.5%, before and after COVID-19
- Evolution of the 0.5% blend
- Outlook for bunker demand in 2020
- Adapting to the new reality – a case study on the Middle East
- Fujairah in a post IMO2020 world
- Update on Platts Middle East Marine Fuel 0.5% assessments
- IMO Update and regulatory issues – where are the concerns?
- Fuel quality issues
- Understanding sulphur test results
- Impact of COVID-19 on IMO 2020 compliance
If you haven’t taken part in an S&P Global Platts webinar before, they’re a great way to stay up to date with the key issues from the convenience of your own desk. Don’t worry If you can’t join the live webinar, you can still register to access the replays on-demand, at your convenience.
We aim to make our webinars as interactive as possible, and there will be plenty of opportunities to have your questions answered, which you can submit in advance here, or during the discussions.
We hope you can join the live webinar.
Senior Director, Oil Price Group
S&P Global Platts