DNV’s Maritime Academy course “SHIPPING FINANCE: UNDERSTANDING AND CREATING PERSPECTIVES (THINKING OUT OF THE BOX)” – Live Virtual Classroom
DNV’s Maritime Academy Hellas is offering on 24 and 25 June 2021 (10:00 – 13:30), a Live Virtual Classroom course on Shipping Finance.
Shipping is a capital intensive industry. In today’s constantly shifting economic climate, ship finance is one of the most affected areas.
Charter markets are struggling and the international banking sector has been heavily affected by the credit crunch and strict regulatory controls,
caused by the fall of Lehman Brothers. Now, more than ever, we need to understand and “Think out of the Box”.
The course will examine the financing issues of a shipping investment and how these are addressed by bank financing and alternative financing schemes.
In order to put theory into practice, we will assess a shipping investment through cashflow analysis, create a Loan Proposal for this investment,
and discuss in detail the Term Sheet and major clauses of the Loan Agreement.
We will also examine and restructure a non-performing loan. Issues addressed will include:
- Can lenders avoid losses
- Can default be predicted (early signs)
- What actions can be taken and who should take them
- Can the value of a loan be recovered and how
- General principles of shipping finance and the impact of economic variables
- Objectives of borrowers and lenders, risk analysis, securities and cashflows
- Various financing schemes available (bank debt, private equity, capital markets)
- Components of a shipping investment appraisal
- Cost of capital and the capital structure of the company (debt/equity mix)
- What is a non-performing shipping loan and how can it be handled – Borrower’s and Lender’s perspective
Course: SHIPPING FINANCE: Understanding and Creating Perspectives (Thinking out of the Box)
Venue, date: Live Virtual Classroom course, 24 and 25 June 2021, (10:00 – 13:30)
Trainer: Mrs Katerina Stathopoulou, Executive Director Investments & Finance Ltd , DNV’s Maritime Academy Trainer
Fees: Euros 400,00 plus VAT
Registration Deadline: 17 June 2021
You can register through our training portal here.
Should you require additional information or clarifications please do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Marina Papaioannou PhD
Principal Academy Advisor
Maritime Academy Hellas
Please copy your answer to the e-mail address: email@example.com
DNV HELLAS SINGLE MEMBER S.A.
Switch +302104100200 | Mobile +306972025556