In this HOT PORT NEWS, read about:
* United States, Corpus Christi, Texas – Port of Corpus Christi Tariff updates
* Hong Kong, Hong Kong – Marine Site Investigation off Ma Tau Kok, Hong Kong
DATE: January 05, 2012-COUNTRY: United States-PORT: Corpus Christi, Texas- Port of Corpus Christi Tariff updates
EFFECTIVE Jan 1, 2012:
Item 308 applied Straight Time, Overtime and Double Time charges to the performed loading and unloading operations at the Bulk Terminal. Item 308 has been deleted.
A restructure of Bulk Terminal Tariff Items affected by Item 308 will ensure customers’ ability to calculate actual costs of loading/unloading cargo without the uncertain variable as it relates to the time of the operation.
The changes reflect an increase in rate for Items 342 and 344 to include the labor services. The flat per tonnage rate increased the rates of Items 342 and 344 by $.07 per short ton. This per tonnage rate eliminates the hourly labor rate for the loading/unloading services.
Item 337 (Overtime Ordered as a Continuation of a Scheduled Shift) has also been deleted from the Bulk Terminal Tariff.
The remaining Item within the Bulk Terminal Tariff making reference to Straight Time, Overtime and Double Time, is Item 336 – Trimming Cargo or on Standby Time at the Bulk Terminal.
EFFECTIVE Feb 1, 2012:
Port Commission also approved a 5.26% tariff increase on all Wharfage and Dockage per Producer Price Index (PPI) effective Feb 1, 2012.
Therefore, the new rate for Item 210 on effective date will be $0.44 (FORTY FOUR CENTS) per GRT; Stand-by dockage for ships and barges doing business at the Bulk Terminal will be $0.22 (TWENTY TWO CENTS) per GRT for ships and NRT for barges.
Source: Port of Corpus Christi Authority
DATE: January 05, 2012-COUNTRY: Hong Kong-PORT: Hong Kong-Marine Site Investigation off Ma Tau Kok, Hong Kong
With immediate effect and for a period of approximately one month, marine site investigation works involving drilling of boreholes will be carried out in the area bounded by straight lines joining the co-ordinates (WGS 84 Datum) from (A) to (C) and the adjacent shoreline:
(A) 22º 19.115’ N 114º 11.908’ E
(B) 22º 19.032’ N 114º 11.727’ E
(C) 22º 19.175’ N 114º 11.700’ E
2. The works will be carried out by one flat top barge. One tug and one guard boat will provide assistance.
3. A working area of approximately 25 metres around the flat top barge will be established. Yellow marker buoys fitted with yellow flashing lights will be laid to mark the position of the anchors extending from the barge.
4. The hours of work will be from 0700 to 1900 hours. No works will be carried out on Sundays and public holidays. The vessels employed for the works will stay in the works area outside the hours of work.
5. Vessels engaged in the operations will display signals as prescribed in international and local regulations.
6. Vessels navigating in the vicinity should proceed with caution.
7. A drawing showing the works area is attached to this Notice.
Source: Marine Department, Government of the HKSAR