Thome Ship Management’s commitment to quality training of its seafarers has been recognised by the world’s ship owners and brokers after it was awarded the BIMCO Education & Training Award at a glittering award ceremony held at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel in Dubai.
BIMCO said Thome Ship Management had demonstrated that it was a company “which has invested in new facilities, courses, delivered growth in number of students and/or graduates and demonstrated innovative teaching methods.”
Receiving the award from the award sponsor Mr Javad Mosadeghi, CEO of Islamic P&I Club, Thome Chief Executive Officer Carsten Brix Ostenfeldt, said afterwards: “We are very honoured to have received this award. Thome invests very heavily in its workforce and is continually looking at innovative ways to improve and increase training of its crew, cadets and officers.”
This is the first time BIMCO has run its shipping awards which were created to celebrate and highlight shipping companies and individuals who have excelled in areas reflecting BIMCO’s global activities.
The judging panel was headed by BIMCO’s President John Denholm, who was joined by Jamal Majid Bin Thaniah, Vice Chairman of DP World; Captain Jitendra Misra, Managing Director of Emarat Maritime and Director of BIMCO; Philippe Louis-Dreyfus, President of Louis Dreyfus Armateurs and President Designate of BIMCO; and Angus Frew, Secretary General & CEO of BIMCO.
Thome Group Chairman Mr Olav Eek Thorstensen said: “We are delighted to have won this prestigious award from BIMCO. Education and training of our seafarers remains at the heart of everything that we do here at Thome and to be recognised as such by our industry peers is an accolade the Thome team will fully appreciate and strive to continue to live up to.”
· Thome Group of Companies is a dynamic provider of integrated ship management services to the international shipping and offshore industries. Based in Singapore, and celebrating 50 years of service, the Thome Group of Companies represents a unique combination of the best elements of Scandinavian shipping tradition with the modern drive of Asian business enterprise.
· From ship management to running offshore vessels, FSOs and FPSOs, port agency, vessel inspection, newbuilding site supervision, and crew training, Thome offers a complete range of services and products under one roof.
· Building on Singapore’s dynamic growth as an international maritime centre, the Thome Group has grown to be recognised as one of the world’s leading independent international ship managers with more than 200 vessels under technical management serviced by 600 shore staff and 10, 000 crew members. In addition, the Thome Group has 120 vessels under pure crew management engagements.
· Today, Thome Ship Management ranks among, and is recognized by leading industry stakeholders, as one of the best performing global ship management companies with a wide range of clients from every corner of the world.
· Since the very beginning when Thome started its ship management operations, the company has built up a solid list of principals, associates and clients from Central Europe, Scandinavia and from across Asia, Japan, Indonesia and Korea in particular. Thome Group Principals are mainly blue-chip, often stock market listed shipping companies and recognised as prominent leaders in their own fields.For more information, please go to: www.thome.com.sg