London International Shipping Week 2015 (LISW) is delighted to announce that Mr Lui Tuck Yew, Singapore’s Minister for Transport, has confirmed that he will speak at the official LISW Conference on 10th September 2015 at the Grosvenor House Hotel on London’s Park Lane.
Mr Lui Tuck Yew will speak in the session on: “National, Supranational and Global Governance – The role of governments in a global maritime industry: Should governments lend their support and how can they participate in growing their domestic sectors? How can tensions between national, regional and global priorities be resolved?”
Welcoming the announcement, Jeremy Penn, CEO of The Baltic Exchange and Chairman of the LISW Steering Group, said: “We are thrilled to be getting such tremendous support internationally. We very much look forward to welcoming Singapore’s Minister for Transport to LISW 2015 and are pleased that he is able to join us. His contribution will strengthen the debate in this important session.”
A top-level line-up of leading politicians and industry leaders is being assembled to provide unique thought leadership at the LISW 2015 conference. Confirmed speakers to date include:
• Lui Tuck Yew, Minister for Transport, Republic of Singapore
• Koji Sekimizu, Secretary-General, International Maritime Organization (IMO)
• Senior UK Government Ministers – when appointed
• Paul ‘Chip’ Jaenichen, Administrator, United States Maritime Administration (MARAD)
• Dr Grahaeme Henderson, Vice President Shipping & Maritime, Shell International Trading and Shipping Company Ltd
• Jeremy Penn, Chairman, LISW15 Steering Group, Chief Executive, The Baltic Exchange
• The Rt Honourable The Lord Mayor of the City of London, Alderman Alan Yarrow
• Tom Boardley, Marine Director, Lloyd’s Register and President, UK Chamber of Shipping
London International Shipping Week 2015 will take place from September 7 to 11 in and around the City of London. Leaders from every sector of the global shipping industry will descend on London during the week to take part in over 100 influential meetings, seminars and functions, culminating in a high level shipping industry conference and spectacular gala dinner.
LISW 2015 will be the ‘must attend’ event of the year and is organised by Shipping Innovation in association with the UK Department for Transport, Maritime UK, The Baltic Exchange, Maritime London, the UK Chamber of Shipping, UK Major Ports Group and The CityUK.
Visitors to LISW 2015 can download the official LISW 2015 app. For iPhone and iPad versions please go to the App store and type in ‘London International Shipping Week’. For Android versions go to Google Play and type in ‘LISW’ to download the event app.