Our thirtieth weekly recapitulation of the shipping markets, their respective main indices and world geopolitics affecting same in 2015 and beyond, tonight Friday the 24th of July 2015, with John Faraclas of AllAboutShipping in Chios, Greece.
- The BDI, the Baltic Dry Index, was down 16 points at 1, 086 which is 38 points plus since last week’s 1, 048. This is 55 centum down since December 2013 closing; so there is a long way to go to go above the 2, 274 points… Add the fact that there isn’t much strength to justify a quick recovery…
- The BCI 2014 was down 28 points at 1, 896 points, which is 184 points up since last week’s 1, 712 points; we repeat: volatility volatility volatility, despite same being on an upwards trend!
- The BPI was also down 24 points at 1, 137, which is minus 25 points since last week’s 1, 162 points.
- The BSI was 3 points up at 899 points, which is 53 points plus since last week’s 846 points, and
- The BHSI was down 3 points at 428 points, which is just one point up since last week’s 428 points… An overall upward trend, but interrupted…
- The wets now: The Dirties and its BDTI index was down nine points at 817 points, which is 23 points down since last week’s 840 points.
- The Cleans and its respective BCTI was down 24 points at 764 points which is 84 points down since last week’s 848 points.-
The price of oil dropped further and now stands in the region of US$ 48… Caution as this might trigger geopolitical upheavals…
The Geopolitics front remains more or less as dangerous as ever and expect further hiccups!
- Greece, continues to remain the world’s focal point. The second voting on the measures was passed successfully with the support of the main pro-euro opposition parties. The rebels of SYRIZA will speed up the elections. One shouldn’t take things for granted until a full settlement of the Greek Problem is 100 centum over. Things will get sour very soon. We have warned you! The 41st anniversary of the restoration of Democracy coincides with 41 years of relentless borrowing; any comment from the lenders and Greece’s MPs?
- In Ukrainian saga continues far worse than last week…. The Iranian nuclear deal will make the world go mad yet again…
- The Iranian deal leaves some doubts; so what does Israel needs and how the US will respond if the Israelis are not “comfortable”…?
- The Migrants drama continues from worse to worse and in Greece and its islands the situ is unbearable! Shame to all authorities involved. They could ease the drama and enfolding further problems will prove how wrong the authorities in Europe and Asia/Africa are…
- The Islamic State now is been ….spotted by Turkey and Turkish jets are beginning to bomb the world’s worse terrorists. We need to see who takes on the ground the high ground- you dead well know what I mean.
- On our first for 2015 holiday tips for Greece we mentioned Chios and Samos; our team is there now and soon you will read more reporting on these unique breath-taking islands! Suggest you visit the Islands of Kassos and Karpathos in the South east Aegean… Try Bermuda too in the Atlantic; the most clean island on earth!
Have a nice weekend and be on guard vis-a-vis the Greek tragedy for which Europe must be blamed for letting it happen and continues to make it a difficult solution! Hope Mrs. Merkel had a nice birthday and the time to think that her obligation now are more than important!
Viewers can watch the live video herebelow: