Marine Energy Consulting Ltd. (MECL) and 20|20 Marine Energy, two leading consultancies in this field, today announced that they will collaborate to produce a comprehensive evaluation of the impact of MARPOL Annex VI global sulphur regulations on the shipping industry. The study will include a detailed impact assessment of the regulations, as well as insights into compliance solutions, enabling recipients to make more informed decisions when developing strategies to both manage the transition, and the future.
- Fuel supply, demand and availability on a region-by-region basis by types of bunkers including LNG and other alternative fuels through to 2035
- The new make-up of the fuel supply chain, including fuel prices, differentials, compatibility and quality standards
- The viability of abatement technology uptake and its financing
- New desulphuring technologies and associated products
- Port infrastructure, storage and investment
- Potential enforcement regimes and associated sanctions