HFW Insurance Bulletin: September 2019 Edition 1
In this issue: Regulation and Legislation; Court cases and arbitration; HFW publications and events
- UK: ISPV regime – PRA proposes updates to its approach, but great changes not expected
The PRA has published a consultation paper which contains proposed updates to its approach and expectations in relation to the authorisation and supervision of insurance special purpose vehicles (ISPVs).
- England & Wales: Access to court records
In a unanimous decision, the UK Supreme Court has held that non-parties to litigation should be allowed access to certain documents from a trial to which it was not a party.
- Australia: New South Wales Court of Appeal Reconsiders Aggregation
The New South Wales Court of Appeal has overturned an earlier decision of the NSW Supreme Court in Bank of Queensland Limited v AIG Australia Limited.
- New Zealand: Aggregation not shaken: Moore v IAG New Zealand Ltd
In a recent judgment, New Zealand’s High Court has considered whether two earthquakes had a common cause and were therefore one event for the purposes of an insurance policy.
- Hong Kong Insurance Briefing: New Regime for Hong Kong Insurance Intermediaries
As the Insurance Authority of Hong Kong takes over the regulation and supervision of all insurance intermediaries in the jurisdiction, Rosie Ng (Consultant, Hong Kong) provides an overview of the new regime.
For further information please contact the authors of this bulletin