7th Annual HELMEPA – USCG meeting in Washington, DC
On Tuesday 15 October 2019, representatives of seven managing companies members of HELMEPA, accompanied by its Director General, Dimitris Mitsatsos and the Executive Coordinator Christiana Prekezes, met at the US Coast Guard HQ in Washington DC with Assistant Commandant for Prevention Policy, RADM Richard Timme and members of his Staff.
In a warm atmosphere, discussions took place on the items of the agenda, presented by Ms Prekezes. Member operators’ representatives exchanged views and got clarifications from the competent officers on issues regarding the implementation of IMO 2020 sulphur cap, GHG and energy efficiency, Ballast Water Management, Port State Control, future requirements of VIDA, electronic Oil Record Books and other subjects of concern.
RADM Timme welcomed HELMEPA’s delegation, saluted the long standing institutional cooperation between the USCG and HELMEPA, of which he was informed also by his predecessors. “It is the 7th year” he said “that HELMEPA Member companies meet with CG Prevention Policy, which regards such meetings with maritime stakeholders very beneficial as they lead to constructive dialogue.”
The members of the Greek delegation expressed their appreciation to the Admiral and his Staff while Mr. Mitsatsos extended an invitation to RADM Timme to visit HELMEPA and address its Conference at POSIDONIA 2010 in Athens. The Admiral kindly accepted the proposal and the annual meeting concluded with the commemorative photograph.
The Member companies represented were as follows:
– Arcadia Shipmanagement Co.Ltd – Theophanis Chatzikampouris, DPA/CSO
– Atlantic Bulk Carriers Management Ltd – Panos Zachariadis, Technical Director
– Costamare Shipping Company SA – Ioannis Drakogiannopoulos, RS&Q Manager DPA/CSO
– Euronav Ship Management Hellas Ltd, Panteleimon Patsoulis, Vetting and Nautical Manager, CySO/OT
– Minoa Marine Ltd – Michail Gavriil, DPA – CSO HSQE Manager
– Springfield Shipping Co of Panama SA – Evangelos Souroulias, Compliance Manager
– Sun Enterprises Ltd – Charilaos Kanellopoulos, Safety, Quality & Vetting Manager / DPA