The 19th Annual General Assembly of WISTA Hellas took place on Wednesday, 2 April 2014 at the Metropolitan Hotel, during which General Elections were held to appoint the new Board of Directors and the new Auditing Committee for the coming two-year period 2014-2016.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
1. President: Angie Hartmann, Crew Manager, Starbulk S.A.
2. Vice-President: Dorothea Ioannou, Managing and Regional Business Development Director, Shipowners Claims Bureau (Hellas) Inc., Piraeus Claims Liaison Office for the Managers of American Steamship Owners Mutual Protection & Indemnity Association, Inc.
3. General Secretary: Dr. Marina Papaioannou, DNV GL, Maritime Academy Hellas
4. Treasurer: Ioanna Topaloglou, Orion International Brokers and Consultants Ltd.
5. Board Member: Maria Mavroudi, Adjuster, Richards Hogg Lindley (Hellas) Ltd / Claims executive, The Standard Club
SUBSTITUTE Board members
1. Artemis Papatheodorou, AP&Assoc. Law Offices
2. Mary Pothitos, N.A.N.E SHIPPING MANAGEMENT S.A
3. Danai Bezantakou, Managing Director, NAVIGATOR SHIPPING CONSULTANTS LTD.
1. Vicky Roussos, J. G. Roussos Shipping S.A.
2. Elizabeth Ioannidi, Oceanbulk Maritime S.A.
3. Mary Argyros, Richards Hogg Lindley (Hellas) Ltd.
It was a successful event attended by over 80 members, while approximately 50 more voted through proxies. The Association’s members were updated on WISTA Hellas’s overall activities during 2013, as well as major activities of WISTA International and in particular, were made aware of its annual financial status and the budget for 2014. A lively exchange of views, ideas and information between members present (representing all facets of the maritime industry) ensued, relating to the future conduct and activities of the Association.
It is important to note that WISTA Hellas is part of a greater international body of professional women actively involved in the global industry of shipping and trade spanning across 34 countries and many of whom play key roles in the companies they represent. Such diversity of professionals within one industry is unique and has proven a major factor in promoting the goals of WISTA by encouraging commercial and educational interaction on many levels.