PROHIBITION OF SINGLE USE PLASTICS
DOWNTIME AT JETTY 1
Prohibition of single use plastics
Tuesday, October 22, 2019, India
India’s Director General of Shipping has issued a circular prohibiting the use of single use plastics on ships whilst in Indian waters.
With immediate effect the following items are prohibited on board Indian ships and foreign ships when in India:
– Cutlery, plates and cups;
– Up to 10 litres bottles for water and other drinks;
– Garbage and shopping bags;
– Dispensing containers for cleaning fluids that are less than 1-0 ltres volume.
With effect from 1 January 2020, the following single use plastics will be prohibited on board Indian ships and foreign ships when in India:
– Bags, trays, containers, food packaging film;
– Milk bottles, freezer bags, shampoo bottles, ice cream containers;
– Bottles for water and other drinks, dispensing containers for cleaning fluids, biscuit trays;
– Hot drink cups, insulated food packaging, protective packaging for fragile items;
– Microwave dishes, ice cream tubs, potato ship bags, bottle caps.
For firthwer details and information about operations in India contact GAC India at email@example.com
Downtime at Jetty 1
Tuesday, October 22, 2019, Merak, Indonesia
Downtime at Jetty 1 is scheduled between 1 November – 4 November 2019.
No incoming vessel activity will be scheduled during this period. Arrangements will be made upon request for alternative berthing arrangements.
For information about operations at Indonesian ports, contact Andhika GAC Indonesia at firstname.lastname@example.org