The first major sponsors of the inaugural London International Shipping Week (LISW) have been confirmed.
Leading global satellite communications provider Inmarsat is the first Platinum Sponsor to commit to London International Shipping Week, while international classification society Lloyd’s Register is the first Gold Sponsor, international law firm Ince & Co the first Silver Sponsor and the International Ship Suppliers & Services Association (ISSA) the first Bronze Sponsor.
Frank Coles, President, Inmarsat Maritime, said: “We are delighted to be the first Platinum Sponsor of London International Shipping Week and are very pleased to support such a significant and ground-breaking event that boosts London’s profile in the global shipping industry.”
London International Shipping Week will comprise dozens of maritime events hosted by shipping-related associations and commercial organisations, together offering multiple networking opportunities. So far 33 international shipping associations have pledged their support to this ground-breaking initiative with more than 20 events already confirmed or being organised for the week.
One of the key events, the inaugural London International Shipping Week Charity Golf Day takes place on September 9, sponsored by The Baltic Exchange. Players will compete for the prestigious Baltic Cup at the famous Walton Heath Golf Club in Surrey, home of the 1981 Ryder Cup and venue of the final European qualifying round for each year’s second golfing major, the US Open.
Another exciting development is the commitment by the Royal Navy to sail one of its frigates into London during the week to herald its support for London International Shipping Week.
Maritime related associations and commercial organisations are encouraged to participate in London International Shipping Week to highlight London’s vital role in the positive development of international shipping. Details are available on www.
- The UK is the leading worldwide centre for the supply of a broad range of professional and business services to the international maritime community, accounting for 21% of premiums in international marine insurance, over $64bn in committed ship finance (or 15% of the world loan book) and it has the largest concentration of legal service firms specialising in the sector. London is also the predominant supplier of shipbroking services worldwide and is the major player when it comes to maritime dispute resolution. London International Shipping Week has been created to highlight London’s leading role in the global maritime industry.
- London International Shipping Week will take place during the week of September 9-13, 2013. The main conference, London International Shipping Week – Propelling World Trade and the gala reception and dinner will take place on Thursday 12 September.
- Full details of all the events can be found on www.
- London International Shipping Week is organised by Shipping Innovation Ltd in association with The Baltic Exchange, TheCityUK, Maritime London, Maritime UK and the UK Chamber of Shipping.
- Shipping Innovation Ltd is a joint venture between leading maritime publishing, training and events organisation Petrospot Ltd and the highly-respected maritime publisher and PR organisation, Elaborate Communications Ltd.